2018 ERRA Learn To Swim Program
Our six-level Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program is unlike anything offered by other learn to swim programs and is administered by our Red Cross certified Life Guard Team. The program is designed for children all the way up to adults, and students progress through the levels at their own pace, mastering the skills in one level before advancing to the next. Each level of our Learn-to-Swim class includes training in basic water safety and helping others in an emergency, in addition to stroke development.
Swim lessons serve a different purpose than swim team and can be done in parallel to each other if your child can swim the length of the pool unassisted as required for swim team participation. Swim lessons provide a structured development program and one-on-one time with an instructor and will have documented progress/ achievement for your child.
Learn to swim level fundamentals:
- Level 1 - Introduction to Water Skills: helps students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely.
- Level 2 - Fundamental Aquatic Skills: gives students success with fundamental skills.
- Level 3 - Stroke Development: builds on the skills in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice.
- Level 4 - Stroke Improvement: develops confidence in the strokes learned and to improve other aquatic skills.
- Level 5 - Stroke Refinement: provides further coordination and refinement of strokes.
- Level 6 - Swimming and Skill Proficiency: refines the strokes so students swim them with ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over greater distances. Level 6 is designed with "menu" options. Each of these options focuses on preparing students to participate in more advanced courses, such as Water Safety Instructor and Lifeguard Training. These options include:
- Personal Water Safety
- Fundamentals of Diving
- Fitness Swimming
A more detailed description is available here and is posted on the swim board.
Three two week sessions:
- Session 1: June 25th - July 6th
- Session 2: July 9th - July 20th
- Session 3: July 23rd - August 3rd
Classes meet Monday through Friday during the following times:
- Class 1.....10:30AM - 11:00AM
- Class 2....11:00AM - 11:30PM
- Class 3....11:30PM - 12:00PM
- Class 4....12:00PM - 12:30PM
All sessions meet Monday through Friday and each half hour time slot will accommodate any level. Each participant can only attend one time slot per session. Any missed days cannot be made up in another session. We reserve the right to cancel a class time-slot if there are not enough participants signed up. You may sign up for all sessions if you would like. The Cost is $70.00 per swimmer per session - not to exceed $140.00 per family per session.
Each child will be evaluated on the first day of lessons to identify the appropriate lesson level. Please arrive at the first scheduled day of class for this evaluation. Each child will receive a Red Cross card when level requirements are achieved. In some cases it may take more than one session to fulfill requirements.
Available through any staff member when staff member is NOT on duty – you may schedule with them on your own. Private lessons are encouraged for swimmers of all levels
For more information about the Eagle Ridge Swim Lesson Program, please email email@example.com.