2018 Eagle Ridge Pirates Swim Team
Our swim team program provides an opportunity for swimmers of all levels to participate in a friendly competitive environment that balances structure and fun to encourage kids to participate and enjoy all that swimming and team sport has to offer. The team is lead by our Head Coach, Zach Healy, who comes from a strong swimming background. He was a former assistant coach at Eagle Ridge. He swam competitively at SUNY Cortland and is a former Orchard Park High School swimmer. The team competes in meets with local clubs the end of June through July and holds a championship meet in the last week of July. Our swim program has been the catalyst for many children to pursue swimming year-round in local clubs and school programs. Please contact Coach Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions/ additional information.
- Children under 15 years of age...................$100
- Children 15 and over years of age.............$50
- Maximum per family........................................$250
* Swim Team fee includes team shirt
All swimmers 6 and under will be evaluated by the coaches to determine if they can meet the minimum development level of swimming at least one length of the pool. If your child can swim the entire length of the pool unassisted and is comfortable in the deep end - they qualify to participate in swim team. If your 6 or under child was on the swim team last year, please register him/her for swim team using the registration form under the "Sign-up" tab on the ERRA website or click on the "Sign-Up" tab at the bottom of the page. Registration forms will also be available at the club opening weekend.
If your child is unable to swim one length of the pool comfortably, please consider having them participate in the Red Cross Learn-To-Swim program offered by the club. Information can be found here.
Please let Coach Zach know or use the sign up sheets on the pool deck if your child is not able to attend a meet. The coaches would like to know by 12:00PM the Monday of the meet week or sooner if possible. This helps everyone with planning the meet lineup and keeping last minute changes to a minimum. We would ask that swimmers wear their team T-Shirt to all swim meets to show their Pirate pride!
Participation is a much needed requirement for all swim team families. Without everyone's help - we can't provide the support our swimmers need and run the meets effectively. As always - we appreciate your time and support!
All families are required to volunteer at least two meets during the season. If you are unable to complete your assigned shift, you will need to find a replacement to ensure we do not have a gap in coverage. If you are unsure what a certain volunteer position involves, we are happy to explain. Please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Assignments will be given based on the signup sheets/ forms - so please notify Robyn Loehfelm or Stacey Marks if your information changes BEFORE you have been assigned a job. Assignments will be available at the club prior to the swim meets.
Fulfilling Volunteer Requirement Other than Swim Meets:
- Organizing home swim meet pizza party...Thursday, July 12th
- Organizing the Pancake Breakfast...Saturday, July 28th
- Organizing Team Banquet...Tuesday, July 31st
We ask everyone to bring a baked good or treat to each of our home swim meets - please drop them off under the pavilion prior to the meet. These sales help offset our costs.
Please note swim practices are subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. The swim team will start in-school evening practices on Monday, June 11th through Tuesday, June 19th. Practice will be held Monday through Friday. Please have your child ready to begin practice on time to help keep sessions running smoothly as they are back-to-back.
- Ages 11 and up...........4:00PM - 5:00PM
- Ages 9 and 10............5:00PM - 6:00PM
- Ages 8 and under.....6:00PM - 6:45PM
Morning practices will begin on Wednesday, June 20th with practices running Monday through Friday. On Fridays after meets - there will be regular practice with a special twist of fun for the swimmers!
- Advanced Swimmer......7:30AM - 8:45AM
- Ages 11 and up................8:45AM - 9:45AM
- Ages 9 to 10.....................9:45AM - 10:45AM
- Ages 7 to 8.......................10:45AM - 11:30AM
- Ages 6 and under..........11:30AM - 12:00PM
Optional evening practices will begin Monday, June 25th. Swimmers ages 7 and up are welcome on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Evening practices are not intended to be an alternate time to regular practice times - but as an additional practice session.
- Ages 10 and under................6:15PM - 7:00PM
- Ages 11 and up.......................7:00PM - 8:00PM
Time trials will be held during morning practice on June 21st & 22nd. It is important to attend time trials so that the coaches can establish a baseline for each swimmer and begin to configure the lineup for meets.
Swim Team Events:
- Potluck Team Dinner – July 10th & July 24th (sign up forms will be available)
- Team Game Night – Thursday, July 12th @ 6:00 PM
- Championship Pancake Breakfast – Saturday, July 28th
Saturday, July 28th is Championship Practice
- Practice for 10 & under swimmers..........10:00AM - 11:00AM
- Practice for 11 & up swimmers..................11:00AM - 12:00PM
Championship Day: Monday, July 30th
- 10:00am-11:00am - Spirit Hour at Eagle Ridge
- 11:00am-1:15pm - Lunch at home and rest up for the Big Meet!!
- 1:30pm - arrive at Brierwood for warm-ups and get psyched sessions
- 2:45pm - Parade of Champions
- 3:00pm - meet start time - go Pirates!
Swim Banquet - Tuesday, July 31st at Eagle Ridge starting at 6:00pm
Team suits are available from The Deep End. Swimmers are not required to purchase an ERRA swim suit - but team spirit and unity go a long way to helping the team be successful.
Please Note: The Deep End will be at our club on (date TBD) during the three evening practice sessions with sizing suits and to take orders. In order to receive a suit for the Brierwood meet on Thursday, July 5th - they will need to be ordered by Monday, June 18th. Orders with ERRA logo typically take approx two weeks to process.
Deep End ERRA "Team Locker Room" Ordering Instructions:
- Your Delivery Options while logged into your Team Locker Room will be "STANDARD SHIPPING" or "PICK UP". We will ship your order to your home at our standard shipping fee or contact you when your order is ready for Pick Up at the Eagle Ridge office.
To Access our ERRA Team Locker Room:
- Visit http://www.thedeependonline.com/teams/login
- Enter user name & password in yellow box on right side of page (case sensitive)
- USER NAME: erra
- PASSWORD: erra77
Team Swim Caps: Robyn Loehfelm, Stacey Marks, & Sarah Jahnke have ERRA swim caps available for $5.
All inquiries concerning the team can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.